Interested in becoming a contributor?
We'd love to feature your thoughts, ideas, resources, rants, and raves.
Our focus is on state compliance issues, assessment, systems integration, networking (the human kind), professional development and support.
We welcome articles, blog posts, and comments on the following topics:
- Attendance Reporting
- Back-office Automation
- Career Development
- CELDT / English Learners
- Charter Schools
- Civil Rights Data Collection (CRDC)
- Data Analysis
- Ethnicity Reporting
- Formative Assessment
- Best Practices / Headaches
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Job Descriptions
- K-12 Enterprise Systems
- Professional Development
- SAT / ACT Tests
- Small Districts
- Staff Assignments
- Staff Demographics
- Student Assessment Systems
- Student Information Systems
- Student Privacy
- Student Programs
- Summative Assessment
- Systems Integration
- Teacher Evaluation
- Technology Issues
Registered User Submission and Posting Policy
SchoolDataLeadership.org welcomes submissions of files (e.g. PDF files, word docs, spreadsheets, etc.), blog posts, questions/answers, and articles that promote the effective use and management of technology and related support systems in California K-12 schools. The site is a "mash-up" or convergence of ideas related to assessment, district enterprise systems, technology support, software integration, data analysis, digital dashboards, and any other thing that strikes our fancy.
Our contributors are mainly California K-12 school administrators, teachers, and staff, with a few parents thrown in for good measure (many of us are both parents and educators). Most of us are already active members of CETPA, CUE, CTA, ACSA, CSIS/CALPADS, CABE, etc., but are interested in addressing "cross-team" or "cross-departmental" concerns that might not yet have an active home in those other spaces.
We believe that our site benefits from a wide range of authentic opinions from educators, experts, novices, technology enthusiasts and more. We welcome registered users to join our conversations with contributions that will serve the interests of our audience. However, we do not accept submissions from contributors whose sole purpose is link sharing or advertising. We are interested in YOUR voice, not someone else's! And to remain an "honest-broker", we do not accept targeted advertisements from vendors. Ultimately SchoolDataLeadership.org reserves the right to refuse content and remove links and bios from submitted posts if we deem the content to be outside the collective goals and standards of the community.
Not every idea is a good one . . .
Submitting and Publishing Content
We accept articles on a case-by-case basis unless some other agreement has been established between SchoolDataLeadership.org and the contributor.
- Write an original guest post in 1,000 words or less.
- Provide a descriptive and accurate title for the post that speaks to the content.
- Include the contributor's contact info — First Name & Last Name, Title, Twitter Handle.
- Disclose any conflicts of interest (e.g. if you work for a particular vendor or organization)
- Optional: Submit quality photos that relate to the article in either jpg, png, or svg format in a 300 by 300 pixel size.
- Authors may submit original or personal photos, graphics, diagrams, etc. to be used within the text. Photos and graphics created by other individuals or companies must be listed with one of the following creative commons licenses: Attribution (CC BY), Attribution-NoDerivs (CC BY-ND) or Attribution-ShareAlike (CC BY-SA).)
Upon submission, review and approval, SchoolDataLeadership.org will publish the submission to www.schooldataleadership.org
Terms and Disclosure
SchoolDataLeadership.org does not provide and/ or guarantee compensation for content submissions. Any content submitted by our users remains the property of the original contributor . Uploading content to the site indicates that you are the either (A) the contributor of the content and/or (B) the content is in the public domain and that SchoolDataLeadership.org has the right to access, modify, update, post, and distribute said content. SchoolDataLeadership.org reserves the right to edit content, spelling, grammar, etc. SchoolDataLeadership.org reserves the right to refuse to publish any works submitted for review for any reasons, which it is not obligated to disclose to the contributor. Reasons for rejecting a guest article include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Inaccurate information or facts
- Excessive grammatical or spelling errors
- Irrelevance to the site, its existing content, theme and/or focus
- Product push, marketing speak or sales pitches
SchoolDataLeadership.org also reserves the right to remove any published works from www.schooldataleadership.org without prior warning or explanation to the contributor. All original content submitted by the contributor will remain intellectual property of the contributor.
By submitting content for review, you are agreeing to the terms outlined in this Registered User Submission and Posting Policy. For questions regarding contributing to SchoolDataLeadership.org, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
SchoolDataLeadership.org reserves the right to change this Registered User Submission and Posting Policy at any time.
We look forward to working with you. Thank you!