Who We Are
The School Data Leadership Association (formerly CASDAAP) is the statewide non-profit supporting educators who are responsible for the increasingly complex and high-stakes world of school and student data. Incorporated in 2017 as a 501(c)3 California non-profit corporation, SDLA serves as a trusted partner of educators - facilitating collaboration, systems integration, professional learning, and access to resources.
It is the mission of SDLA to promote the effective, efficient, and confidential use of data to improve teaching, learning and school administration.
- Build district-wide data governance teams
- Facilitate the professional learning and career development of our members
- Strengthen connections between vendors and end-users (e.g. improve data integration and overall product usefulness)
- Improve the overall quality, functionality, and ease-of-use of the systems needed to operate modern school and district offices
- Make the mandatory state and federal systems (CALPADS, CRDC) easier to understand and more valuable to educators
- Seek new approaches to challenges by leveraging modern collaboration tools (e.g. Slack, Micro-Communities)
- Champion even the smallest contributions to this "space."
The School Data Leadership Association (formerly CASDAAP) is a 501(C)3 non-profit California Corporation. We are based in Los Angeles, CA and started operations in 2017.
Our Core Beliefs:
Bring together the resources needed to effectively run a California public school and ensure compliance with all those pesky (but important!) rules and regulations. We pull in CALPADS, ESSA, CNIPS, Tech news, CAASPP and other resources - anything we need to support the data needs of our schools.
Turn confusing policies and regulations into easy-to-follow instructions and simple, actionable steps. Develop checklists, guides, and other support docs. Leverage web 2.0 tools to simplify document management. Get help when you need it.
Leverage the expertise of our members by tapping into assessment experts, vendors, teachers, parents, technology gurus, and others through our online community, our "leadership voices", and our resource area. Build good resources ONCE and SHARE!
We welcome articles, blog posts, and comments on the following topics:
- Attendance Reporting
- Back-office Automation
- Career Development
- CELDT / English Learners
- Charter Schools
- Civil Rights Data Collection (CRDC)
- Data Analysis
- Ethnicity Reporting
- Formative Assessment
- Best Practices / Headaches
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Job Descriptions
- K-12 Enterprise Systems
- Professional Development
- SAT / ACT Tests
- Small Districts
- Staff Assignments
- Staff Demographics
- Student Assessment Systems
- Student Information Systems
- Student Privacy
- Student Programs
- Summative Assessment
- Systems Integration
- Teacher Evaluation
- Technology Issues